Most gun owners normally clean their guns at the beginning of the hunting seasons and then after the hunting season is complete- do not treat your gun this way. As a gun enthusiast, I like to show you the list of top 10 best gun cleaning vises in this article.
10 Best Gun Cleaning Vise Comparisons & Reviews
|#1 Caldwell Lead Sled DFT||36″ x 12″|
|#2 CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Gun Vise||25″ x 18″|
|#3 Tipton Best Gun Vise||33″ x 9″ x 6″|
|#4 Gunslick VISTA OUTDOOR SLS Gun Maintenance Center||36″ x 12″|
|#5 Hyskore Cleaning & Sighting Vise||25″ x 12″ x 10″|
|#6 MTM GV-30 Gun Vise Cleaning Maintenance Center||32.5″ x 9″ x 7.5″|
|#7 Tipton 782731 Gun Vise||11″ x 17″|
|#8 Shooters Ridge Champion Shooting Vise||15″ x 7.2″ x 7″|
|#9 Plano Shooters Case (X-Large)||22″ x 14.2″ x 11.4″|
|#10 Tipton 110011 Ultra Gun Vise||32.5″ x 10.5″ x 11″|
#1 Gunslick VISTA OUTDOOR SLS Gun Maintenance Center
- The availability of many drawers on the device keeps you organized all day long.
- The top compartment can securely hold your firearms.
- It is quite multi-functional and flexible in nature. It can be used as hunting gun-smiting device and for shooting expenditures.
- Relatively lighter and more affordable than many similar Gun vise devices.
- It is one of the easiest gun vises when performing some minor works such as cleaning on your firearms.
- One of the main drawbacks of this gun vise is the non-inclusion of tools and necessary cleaning chemical.
- You may not be able to use this Gun vise with weapons such as AR15 barrel nut- you will need a bench vise that has jaw pads for such weapons.
- Though it is made of highest grade plastic materials, you may not want it if you are not used to the plastic design gun vise.
This is one of the most Gunslick gun vise brands checked out by first time buyers, but that does not mean professionals don’t check it out also. You will like this outdoor gun vise because of its compact design and its ability to hold many extras or accessories at once. You need to watch out for imitations of this product as there are many fakes of it out there. Here’s an amazing video on Gunslick company products:
Many beginner users of Gun vises can rely on this piece of device to deliver great results. The main features of the Gun vice are; A body is designed with the highest quality plastic grade materials. There are some functional and very useful different drawer compartments. It is an inbuilt cam lock vise system. An amazing feature here is that the device can be vertically adjusted, and serves as a complete gun maintenance center. You will also love the fact that it is relatively lightweight when handled.
#2 MTM GV-30 Gun Vise Cleaning Maintenance Center
- It remains one of the most effective gun vises for gunsmithing purposes. It also holds your firearm in place for effective cleaning and maintenance too.
- You will find the roomy space within, very helpful. You can organize and keep your cleaning items, supplies, screwdrivers, brushes, jags, cleaning rods, even your cleaning solvents.
- The fork behind the clamp positions the firearm at the proper angle for the most efficient cleaning.
- More affordable than most of its rivals.
- The durable plastic material construction of this gun vise is highly durable but may not be as strong as metallic steel construction, hence its resistance to mechanical damages are very much limited.
- Requires a vertical storage method, it may occupy much space when stored horizontally.
You need to make sure that you follow the instructions in the manual if you want to get the best from this product. Being a very study gun vise, you will find it somehow heavy but it delivers superb results when used under different terrains outdoors.
The main features you can find on MTM GV-30 Gun Vise is the amazing and strong construction of a very rugged Polypropylene plastic that is resistant to chemical and mechanical attacks. There is a quick clamp that operates on a single cam that can be activated to provide a non-marring hold on your firearm. It is made with chemical-resistant design material. It is mounted on a 4-feet rubberized material that can operate as free-standing or bolted option. There is also, a secondary fork, located behind the clamp- this is used in the cleaning of your firearm.