If you are going to buy a shooting mat you can find that, there are a number of great products out there, but not everyone is built the same. If you are looking for an outstanding shooting mat, here are some products to consider.
What is The Best Shooting Mat to Buy?
#12 OneTigris Non-Padded Shooting Mat SD03
- Very lightweight and durable
- Easily rolls up and held in place by click of the strap
- Built for any kind of person who is looking for a solid shooting mat
- Not a very large size that is offered, meaning that a portion of you is likely to be on the ground.
- Is bulky when rolled up
- Not much padding provided for comfort
However, there is a lot to like about this mat. It is made of a double layered nylon material which gives you the ability to stretch it out on rugged terrain without it getting damaged. Plus, it comes with a kind of material that protects it from getting moisture inside the mat, so you won’t have to worry about changes in weather or damp conditions outside.
It rolls up easily and comes with a carrying handle. It is not particularly bulky to carry, but when rolled up it does take up a lot of space because of its design. Would likely not fit easily over the top of the backpack or inside of a backpack. However, it is just 2.6 pounds, making it extremely lightweight.
Corner grommets are included to help you secure the mat in place. This is ideal for those who like to move from a letter to a throne or sitting position, worry about the mat shifting with you as you move. Does not come with pouches, but they can be purchased separately and attached.
#11 Modern Warrior 5’3″ Tactical Shooting Mat
- Comes with bullet slots and additional pockets for storage
- A fantastic design that comes with elbow wings and easily rolls to make it easy to carry
- Made of a durable polyurethane coating
- Water resistant and weather resistant, and the stitching is solid
- It is only 5’3” long, not ideal for taller people
- Not many other complaints related to it
This mat is made of a durable 900D polyester, that has been coated with a weather resistant material to ensure that it will maintain its durability and longevity, even in wet conditions. You can take it out in the rain, mud, snow, or other wet environment and be sure that the mat will stay bone dry.
One nice touch to it is that there are nine padded blocks that are sewn to separate into specific blocked areas. This makes it much easier for you to be able to roll into a smaller pack to carry with you wherever you go. The mat is held closed by two straps that use clips to lock them in place. This gives a firm touch that keeps it compact enough to fit on the top of your backpack or easily inside your bag.
In addition, there are removable bullet slots, a tool pouch, an animal pouch, and an attached data book pocket included with the mat. This gives you the kind of additional storage you need. Plus, you can’t argue with the price of this mat, as it gives you a product you can count on at a price that should work and just about anyone’s budget.