Before moving on in this review, it is important to tell you a little bit about me first. I understand that anyone reading a review has a reason to be skeptical. You don’t know who that person is, what their qualifications are to make such a review, and if they are being paid to support one product over others. Those are all legitimate concerns.
First off, I have been writing reviews related to reloading products because I have been an avid gun enthusiast for years now. It has been at least 40 years since I first picked up a gun, and I have been a hunter, competitor, and marksman ever since.
Years of handling guns and firearms has made me sort of an expert. I have used a large assortment of products related to weapons, including creating my own ammunition, and am frequently asked by people my thoughts on certain products or techniques. This is why I thought it would be good to spend a little time writing reviews on products, including the bullet puller. No one paid me for these. I am doing this solely to provide information I know.
I will say that I did test and learn about every product I am supporting in this review. All of them I own myself or have friends that do, so I was able to test every product quite extensively before providing this review. In addition, I tested several others that I did not include in this review as I found them to be not of the same quality.
12 Best Bullet Pullers on the Market
#12 Pistol GRIP-N-PULL Bullet Puller (Calibers 9mm/357, 40, 44, 45 and 500)
- Fantastic design which is built to make ammo easy
- Durable product which you can count on to last your lifetime
- Works great with virtually all pistol sized cartridges
- Will save you an enormous amount of time when unloading a large volume of cartridges
- Requires some strength to be able to use and get a proper grip
- You have to wear gloves when working with this. Would’ve been better if they would’ve included some form of rubber grip
- Takes a little time to get used to actually gripping the cartridge to be able to use effectively
This is a unique design, patented and only used by this company. It’s easy to clean and easy to use, and you will like that they stand behind their product with a lifetime warranty. You can be sure what you’re getting is as good as it gets in terms of durability and materials used.
While it is designed for six specific cartridge sizes, you can actually use this with other types of cartridges. However, you may be best served if you opted to go with their other Grip-N-Pull option specifically designed for large or standard rifle cartridge sizes.
I liked that this was easy to use, much like holding a ranch or a pair of pliers. A simple twist and I had the ammunition loosened from the cartridge. It truly is the simplest solution and one that most people would easily be able to do because of its design.
#11 Hornady 50090 Kinetic Bullet Puller
- Easy to use product that removes the likelihood of waste or spillage
- Makes ammo unloading efficient and easy
- Handles a wide range of cartridges
- Would have been better if the head had durable threads to hold the cartridge in place
- Requires three or four strikes to break most cartridges loose
Included in the kit are three collets which can help you handle cartridges from .22 all the way up to .45 caliber. That gives you a wide range of use, making this a fantastic choice for a person who needs a bullet puller that can handle a wide range of cartridges.
This product is made with high quality materials, ensuring that you get a durable product that can handle the impact of use after use. The handle even comes with a 4 inch grip area that makes it easier for you to hold and use continuously for a long duration of time.
You’ll be impressed at how efficient it is to use this Hornady product. I was able to break down 100 9 mm cartridges in about 30 minutes, and there was no loss of powder or ammo during the process. Truly an efficient little gadget that you will find does the job for you and does it well.