Once you have a good grasp of how welding helmets work, start your search to find which welding helmet is the best option for you! In order to help you with your search, I’ve compiled a list of some of the most popular welding helmets on the market. So, continue below and check them out!
Best Budget Auto Darkening Welding Helmets for MIG, TIG, Stick & Arc Welders
#12 RHINO LARGE VIEW + GRIND Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
Does the viewing area match its acclaim?
Absolutely! While some welding helmets don’t live up to what they market, the RHINO LARGE VIEW + GRIND Auto Darkening Welding Helmet doesn’t let anyone down. This welding helmet is equipped with a viewing area of 4” x 2.6”. In other words, this is easily one of the largest viewing areas that money can buy.
Is this welding helmet safe?
Since the RHINO LARGE VIEW + GRIND Auto Darkening Welding Helmet features a shell made out of nylon, it is one of the safest welding helmets on the market. Nylon is an extremely durable material that is resistant to various things, such as ultraviolet. Therefore, the RHINO LARGE VIEW + GRIND Auto Darkening Welding Helmet’s advanced outer shell will provide maximum protection to your eyes from rays and lights, and even your head from potential accidents.
- Between the lightweight nature of the nylon material that composes the outer shell and an overall flexible simple design, this welding helmet is extremely lightweight. So, it’s easy to comfortably wear this welding helmet for an extended amount of time.
- External knobs make it extremely easy to adjust every aspect of this welding helmet at any time.
- With an array of modes, you can practice different types of welding.
- User-friendly design, which makes it for anyone to use regardless of their welding experience.
- Wide and clear visibility.
- Sensitivity is not super receptive.
- Adjustment knobs are flimsy. So, be prepared to tighten them regularly.
- Due to the composite of materials, you cannot practice certain types of welding, such as overhead laser cutting.
#11 Forney 55679 Ice Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet
- Weight: 1.9 lbs
- Dimensions: 11″ x 9″ x 16″
- Comfortable fit for a variety of head sizes. Plus, it’s extremely easy to adjust the helmet to make sure it fits securely on your head.
- External knobs.
- Perfect for welders who like to weld big projects for an extended amount of time.
- Grinding mode.
- Although the flames add a nice touch, they definitely aren’t subtle.
- Not as durable as other helmets on the market.
- Locking function is in an odd location.
What makes the design so appealing?
Let’s face it: welding helmets are usually so boring. It seems like you can only find welding helmets that are plain black. If you’re lucky, you find a welding helmet that is a solid color other than black.
This lack of design makes shopping for welding helmets boring. After all, purchasing a plain black helmet over and over again can get mundane, especially when you’ve been in the business for a while. That’s where the Forney 55679 comes in!
This welding helmet is equipped with a state-of-art design that features light blue flames all over the helmet. So, you can bring a touch of your personality and style to welding!
What’s the best feature of this welding helmet?
The sensitivity and darkness knobs are argumentatively the best features of the Forney 55679 Welding Helmet! These knobs are external, which means you don’t have to worry about taking off your helmet just to fidget with the knobs.
As for the function of these knobs, they make it extremely easy for you to adjust the how sensitive or dark your lenses are. Therefore, the Forney 55679 welding helmet makes it extremely easy for you to examine your work or weld in a variety of environments.