You can clearly see that there is a great advantage in having a lighting system for your safe, so here are 10 of the best options available on the market today.
#1 Cannon Electronic Lock Security Safe Light
- Great external safe light
- Easy to install and should work with almost all combination and keypad locks
- Requires just one battery for operation
- Uses red light as the lighting source, helping to keep the location discrete
- Provides no benefits as an internal light
- The magnet that came with the light should have been better quality. May force you to use adhesive tape as a replacement
This Cannon model has been specifically designed to work with virtually any kind of electronic locking system that you may have on a gun safe. The light will illuminate for up to two minutes, giving you just enough time to be able to punch in your code or to enter the combination so that you can quickly gain access into your safe.
The light works through the use of a pushbutton system. You easily attach the product to your safe through use of a magnet attached to the back of the device. A 3 V lithium battery is included, and will only need to be replaced about every six months.
Since there are many safes that do not come with a light over the keypad or the combination knob, you may find that this is truly the perfect option for you. This will help you to be able to quickly see and enter your code without having to turn on the light in your closet or wherever you have your safe located. Plus, you simply can’t beat the price.
#2 AMIR Cordless Motion Sensor LED Light
- Very easy to install
- The fact that six come in one pack makes this a truly winning choice
- Can be used anywhere in your home
- Motion sensor is a good one, saving you electricity when you don’t need the lights on
- 20 lumens is not a great deal of power
- The adhesive used to hold the magnets in place will need to be replaced over time
When you are going to find is that this is the perfect set of lights to use, inside your safe or anywhere else in your home. You will find that these make for the perfect hallway lights, lights for your bedroom or bathroom, or even for on your porch.
Each light provides 20 lumens of output, plenty enough light for inside your safe. The fact that you receive six and a pack means that you may need to use only a couple inside your safe and you will have for others to use somewhere else. This makes this a handy kit for sure.
Plus, you will love how easy they are to install. There is no wiring or trying to connect magnets. All you have to do is pull the tape off the adhesive pads and a built-in magnet allows you to attach anywhere to a metal object. Three AAA batteries are all that is needed for each light, giving you plenty of illumination.
You also love that this is a motion activated set of lights, for each individual light. Once you open the safe door or come in close proximity with the lights, they will instantly turn on providing you with the proper amount of lighting you need, no matter where you are using them inside your home.