Gun safe is the perfect way to protect the things that matter to you the most. Not only does it allow you to keep jewelry, money, and other valuable items, but also denies access to people who may try to attempt to steal your handguns or rifles.
While it serves an important function, it can also be difficult to organize your items inside the safe. Most are built with just a few shelves, not really helping you to stay organized, and this is where you should purchase the best door safe organizer.
This product enables you to be able to hang, store, and guard important items in a much more organized way. You are more easily able to locate and grab a handgun in an emergency, keep track of your important documents, such as mortgages and passports, and separate items such as jewelry, ammunition, and the like. They truly are a fantastic way to make your safe a lot more efficient.
Have Some Time? Here’s What You Need to Know…
Buyer’s Guide : Finding the Best Gun Safe Door Organizer
While you may see the benefits of choosing one of these products, that does not mean that you know exactly what to look for. Here are some important factors to consider when choosing the safe door organizer for your safe.
- Size. This is probably the most important factor to consider. An organizer is only as effective as the size save that you have. There are some options out there that can expand up to 48 inches, the perfect size for rifle safes but they will not work in a safe that is 20 inches tall. Only look at options that fit your particular sized safe.
- Pouches, Holsters & Pockets. The reason you were buying one of these products is to help you to be better organized. This is best accomplished by choosing a safe organizer that gives you the kinds of holsters and pouches you need to keep your valuable items secured. If you are a person with a number of handguns, say four or six, then finding one that is able to accommodate the number of handguns you have is important.
- Installation. How easily it installs to your safe door is important as well. Some you may find easily install to the door, but when you place items in them you were unable to close the door. This is why you need to find one that doesn’t take a long time for you to install and, once it is installed, allows you to easily close the door.
- Durability & Protection. A factor that people don’t consider enough is how well the organizer protects your valuables and the safe itself. You want one that is durable, which will last you for years to come, but you also want one that is padded so that items do not scratch the door or bang against the safe where they can get damaged when you swing open the door or close it.
- Materials. The material type does go hand in hand with durability and this will all depend on the amount of clutter you need to move and store in the door organizer. If you have multiple handguns, you will need better quality material to allow the door organizer to hold the weight of the weapons and their ammunition.
- Additional Protections. Some organizers offer you an additional feature that will protect against fire. Should the outside of the safe reach a temperature where items would normally be damaged in some way, some of these products offer you an extended amount of time where you’re documents or other important valuables are protected.
10 Best Gun Safe Door Organizers on the Market Right Now!
While this can be a great product for your safe, like anything else, not everyone is built the same. Some are much better options than others, or they may fit better with your particular safe. This is why a review of some of the best options out there will help you to determine what is the best safe organizer to hang from your door.
#1 Liberty Safe Accessory Door Panel Size 20/23/24/25 #10585
The organizer is built to provide you with pockets that are built to give you multiple options in terms of storage. You are able to hold up to six different handguns, as there are six holsters included which make accessing your firearms a snap. The organizer fits Liberty safes from sizes 20 all the way up to 25 and includes a .75 inch to 1 inch mounting.
If you have a fabric covered door already, this product is designed to mount over the top of an existing fabric if needed, providing an additional feature that makes it well worth the price. The document protector is built to protect your items against fire keeping the contents at 50° cooler.
There is a large mesh storage pocket as well as a zip pocket, which makes organizing your materials, even larger sized ones, relatively easy. It is built with nylon, and is 49 inches tall and 18 inches wide, providing you with a significant amount of space. All the brackets are included for mounting and it comes with a two-year warranty, making this a fantastic product to fit your needs.
- Built with a durable material that is built to last
- Provides you with plenty of storage space, including six easy to access holsters
- Fits most larger sized safes
- Adds additional fire retardant protection
- You may need to modify the clips to install it properly
- You may need to make some modifications to the organizer for it to properly fit
#2 American Security Model 19 Premium Door Organizer
There are numerous pockets that are provided with this safe, and it contains three different holsters for storing pistols. There are different sized pockets, that give you the ability to store anything from magazines, to external hard drives, to jewelry. Plus, there are additional clips for you to hang keys or other similar objects.
What really separates this particular product from others you will find on the market is the design. Fantastically created to ensure that you can house just about anything in the door organizer, making it the ideal choice for those people who have a lot of different valuables they want to store in their safe.
American Security has established themselves as one of the best in terms of safe organizers, as they have two items in this review. It is that kind of efficiency and durability in the way that they build their organizers that lets you know that you are getting a quality product.
- Built with a great design that provides you with a number of options to store your valuables
- Greatly extends the amount of valuables you can store in your safe
- It would be surprising if you are able to fill all of the pockets, there is just that much room
- Perfect for those who have a larger sized safe
- Can be a challenge to install
- Not useful for smaller sized safes
- Disappointing that the product was created in China
#3 Stealth MOLLE Gun Safe Door Panel Organizer Medium
This organizer comes with a variety of pocket sizes, including larger sized pockets on the bottom, six different pistol holders, a medium-size pouch, and two triple mag pouches. The best part about it is that each pouch or holder comes with its own straps, allowing you to set it in place according to the organization style that you desire.
The organizer is built so that you can set its height between 23 inches and 43 inches. This enables you to be able to fit it to almost any safe you would purchase. Plus, you can be sure that you are getting a quality product as it is built with durable and well-designed fabric that is easy to install and you can be sure will last for years.
One of the things you will really love about this organizer is that it is made for you to easily detach it from your safe, so you can take it with you as a tactical bag or two added into your backpack or hunting bag. The ability to stay organized with ease makes this a fantastic choice, and one you will be glad you spent your money on.
- Allows you the ability to organize your firearms and accessories as you desire
- Made of durable material that will last for years
- Allows you to take your organizer with you
- Customizable and built to take with you
- Can hold up to six different handguns
- The edges will come unsewn at times
- Takes a little bit of time to figure out how to strap everything in place
#4 Liberty Safe Gun Safe Door Panel Organizer (Size 17-18)
In fact, one of the things that you will really like about this organizer is that the pockets are made to be fire retardant. Should there be a fire, the pockets are made to protect your documents and media from being damaged, giving you or the fire department additional time to put out the fire before your valuables are damaged.
Included are for quick draw holsters, which give you instant access to your firearms in an emergency. This prevents clutter from getting in the way in a situation where seconds matter. Best of all, the size of these handgun holsters is made so that you can have almost any handgun secured in the holster.
This is a fantastic option made of a durable material that will help to keep you much more organized. Velcro straps easily clip materials in place and a mesh storage pocket lets you hold just about anything you need. At 48 inches tall and 15 inches wide, there is plenty of space for you to safely store the things that you value most.
- Pockets are made to give you great versatility
- This organizer expands your storage and gives you the ability to store up to four handguns
- Easy to install
- Made of durable material that will last
- If the pockets are too full you may find it difficult to close your safe
- Does not adjust to accommodate smaller safes
#5 SPIKA Medium Door Panel Gun Safe Door Organizer (18W48H)
There are two different options you can go with, making it 28” x 48” or 14” x 48”. All the hardware you need to install is included, and this safe organizer is designed to make it so that you can have your organizer up and ready to use within just a few minutes period of time. It really is that easy to install.
This is made of a heavy duty material, ensuring that your product will last you for years to come. You will really like the different sized pockets, making it so that each need that you have can be easily filled. There are three handgun holsters, with each giving you an easy way to grab your handgun in an emergency situation. There are two top clips, six side clips, and two bottom clips included. Plus, there is a medium-sized pocket with a zipper that you can use to hold your important documents.
While a heavy duty organizer, it is lightweight and efficient. This is one of the best products you are going to find on the market, and you will be glad that you decided to make this option the one for you.
- Allows you to adjust the size to fit your needs
- Plenty of storage space and pockets make this the ideal organizer
- Durable material that protects your safe and your valuables
- Extremely easy to install, taking just a few minutes to do so
- The Velcro stays locked in place when swinging open your door closing it
- Instructions start by telling you to choose the appropriate sized clips for your safe door, but don’t give you different options. You may have to purchase what you need
- Really no other complaints
#6 American Security Model 13 Premium Door Organizer
With a number of pockets, straps, and holsters, and with the ability to add a few additional pouches, you can get all of the organization you are looking for. The organizer is 48.5 inches tall, and can range from 14.75 inches to 18 inches in width.
The storage holster provided can hold up to two full-sized pistols, and there are two of these holsters that are included. This gives you the ability to store four handguns and make them quickly accessible once you have your safe open. Plus, there are plenty of storage pouches for extra ammunition and magazines.
The organizer is made of a very durable material, which makes it perfect for storing knives and other items that you need to ensure our safe and which will not damage or get damaged in the organizer. Brackets are included to make it easy to install it into your safe and it is the perfect option for anyone who has a larger gun safe.
- Provides plenty of storage space and a number of compartments
- Durable material gives you assurance that it will be lasting for quite some time
- Made to secure any kind of valuable
- Easy to install
- Heavier guns do not hold well in the holsters
- Does not work with smaller safes
Most Frequently Asked Questions
#1 Why should I buy a gun safe door organizer?
The most obvious answer to this is so that you are better organized. However, being better organized can be an important safety factor as well. If you need to grab your handgun out of your safe quickly, the last thing you want is to be scrambling around looking for it or to be pushing other things out of the way to grab it. Plus, it is a great way to protect your valuables from getting damaged by something else inside the safe.
#2 Does the organizer velcro hold heavy items?
That depends upon the quality of the organizer that you buy. Some are built with the highest quality, ensuring that you can depend upon its ability to hold the items in place. Some are built to hold specific sized handguns, for example, but if you use a larger or heavier sized than the velcro will grade over time.
#3 What is the perfect size should I buy?
The perfect size is one that easily installs into your safe and does not obstruct in any way when you try to close the door. There is nothing wrong with choosing an organizer that is slightly smaller than the door size. It is really what fits for you and which works in your safe.
#4 Do they offer fire protection?
Not all do, but some offer this kind of protection. It is not a 100% guarantee for as long as your documents are contained inside the organizer. What usually offers is some additional time for firefighters to be able to put out a fire while still protecting the documents inside. This can range anywhere from 30 minutes to hours of additional protection.
#5 How much door organizer costs?
Like any product, they range depending upon the brand name, size, and quality. You can buy a door organizer for your safe for about $25 or you may spend as much is $300 depending upon what you need.
#6 Are door organizers difficult to install?
Most are designed to easily attach to the door of your safe, securely and efficiently. Most you are able to install in just a few minutes, but some can be a little tricky. Make sure you follow the instructions. It is also likely you will find that there are YouTube videos should you be having trouble.
#7 Does the material my door organizer is built with matter?
Absolutely! There are two primary factors to consider with your safe door organizer: sturdiness and padding. You do not want your valuables damaged when the door swings open or closed nor do you want the safe door to get scratched or damaged in any way. This is where padding plays a big role. You also have to be concerned about the sturdiness of the material. Handguns can be heavy over time, and you don’t want your holsters sagging.
#8 Who are gun safe door organizers recommended for?
Gun safe door organizers have been recommended for multiple uses and I definitely think that everyone should have one even if your safe is not cluttered. Most gun safe door organizers are built for larger gun safes that occupy rifles and thus you will be able to keep your handguns and important documents in the same safe as your rifles to save you money and effort when it comes to mounting and concealing a new smaller safe.