Now that you have some information on what to look for in the right kind of dehumidifier, here are some great choices for you to review.
#1 LOCKDOWN Silica Gel, 750 Grams
- Easy to recharge and reuse the dehumidifier
- Made with a durable aluminum and plastic that you can count on to last for years
- Works effectively in a space up to 57 ft.³
- Perfect for anyone who lives in a damp climate
- Some have expressed concern about the use of plastic melting during the recharging process
- Needs to be recharged on a frequent basis
The silica gel contained inside the dehumidifier is able to make it so that moisture is quickly absorbed from your safe, ensuring that water are condensation does not build up to corrode or rust your firearms or other valuables. Plus, you can easily recharge and reuse the dehumidifier by placing it in the oven to evaporate the moisture. Then it is ready to go again.
The dehumidifier is able to protect up to 57 ft.³, not only allowing you to use it within a small safe, but also if you have a safe room in your home, you would find that this is a perfect choice for you. Water is easily absorbed from the air through the numerous vents on the side of the can, making it work quickly and effectively.
You will love the fact that this dehumidifier is made of a combination of plastic and aluminum, giving you a durable product that you can count on to work for years. Sometimes the most simplistic options available are the very best once, and you are likely to find that this is the perfect option for you.
#2 Dry-Packs 750 Gram Silica Gel Canister Dehumidifier
- Does not require a power source to be able to use
- Unique construction makes its durability one you can count on for a lifetime
- Does not use cobalt chloride
- Easy to reactivate once moisture has reached maximum level
- You may need to reactivate this quite frequently
- Less effective in safes where there is a large amount of moisture buildup
- The color indicator may not fully return to orange after several uses
What that means is that it can run for quite some time before you will need to empty it, making it the perfect option for someone looking for a product that gives long-lasting protection in case they forget to empty the dehumidifier now and then.
The product is built with a sturdy aluminum canister, which is much different than many of the others you will find on the market. Most dehumidifiers are built with plastic, so you know you are getting a dehumidifier option that is going to do the job for years to come.
This is one of the best desiccant products you can find and will give you a lifetime of protection for your firearms. The indicator turns from orange to dark green to let you know that it needs to be reactivated, and in no time you can have it back to orange and ready to go again. A fantastic option for any person who needs a great product that can easily fit in most safes.
Sometimes people tend not to check on the importance of humidity on guns. Dehumidifiers are an added but worth the investment. Safety and security must come together. In this instance, one must be knowledgeable about the safety of installing dehumidifiers also.