If you know what to look for in a shooting bench, here are some quality products you may want to take a look at.
12 Best Rated Shooting Benches
#12 MTM PST-11 Predator Shooting Table
- Lightweight makes it easy for you to take anywhere
- Easily folds down to enable you to take it with you anywhere or to easily store
- Top is made of a heavy duty plastic that will not sag
- The legs, despite being made of carbon steel, are still magnetic
- The legs of the table are not very strong and are prone to bend
- Not built to hold anything more than 60 or 70 pounds
- The table can be quite unstable depending upon the terrain
The tabletop is 28 inches wide by 35 inches long. It tapers near the back and, ensuring that you have the proper range of motion while still gaining a great deal of comfort for your arm. There is plenty of room on the table to store your items while you are waiting, and three different grooves located in the table easily allow you to rest your rifle or shotgun against the table while you wait or take a rest.
The table itself is made of a hard plastic, which is coated to protect it from the elements. The legs are made of aluminum and easily fold into the table much as you would see in a standard table used in a school or church. You can even make adjustments to allow the table to be as much is 35 inches off the ground.
If you are a person who likes to bring a chair with you that is more comfortable to sit in than the standard seats that are provided by the manufacturer of many of the shooting tables, you are likely to find this to be the perfect choice. It gives you plenty of space, and you could easily attach a pouch to either side to give you additional storage.
#11 Summit the Summit Shooting Bench
- Built with portability and storage in mind
- Easy to assemble and is durable
- A very common design that most of us would find easy to figure out how to use
- Provides a comfortable shooting table both in the seated area and on the tabletop
- There is a molded gun rest with a protective coating
- The washers that come with the table are not the proper size, sending you to the store to replace them
- Clearly not designed for every type of terrain
- Some have reported that the holes for the seat are not large enough
Portability is a major feature of this table, and that is clearly seen in the way that is designed. It starts with the fact that it is built with a lightweight metal, that weighs less than 30 pounds. The table top folds down when the shooting table is closed, and the seat comes out to make it easy for you to be able to carry.
The tabletop comes with an additional cover that easily straps around the table, helping to protect your product from scratching or other scars. It also gives an extra grip and makes your arm feel more comfortable when placed on the table. The tabletop comes with two pouches, one on each side, which enables you to be able to store ammunition, cartridges, or other accessories.
The seat is padded, and the pad is able to come off. You will like that you can adjust the seat by sliding it in one of the notches that is provided in the legs of the table. This helps you to get more comfortable and to feel more stable when you are seated.
You can take this with you just about anywhere you go. It easily slides into a closet, under a bed, or under a workbench when not in use, and should easily fit in the trunk of your car while heading to the range or out to hunt.